Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Presidents Day Weekend

This weekend I went home for my best friend Andrea's Mission farewell. I got out of class on Wednesday around 4. Kassie, Sam, Garret, and I decided we still wanted to leave that night even though it was starting to snow pretty hard. When we called my mom to tell her we were on the road it was still snowing which we didn't want her to know so it was convenient that the snow had let up a little and there was a very tiny patch of blue sky that we happened to be under when she asked how the weather was, so I was able to tell her it wasn't snowing and we were under blue sky's while also telling the truth. About 15 minutes after I hung up with my mom the sky's cleared and it was nice weather the rest of the way.



Thursday Feb. 11,

A long story short when Andrea got her mission call Sam was really sad, so his parents told him he could take her to McDonald's when we went to her farewell. This morning Sam called Andrea and asked her if she wanted to go have lunch with us and then go have dessert at McDonald's.




Sam, Princess (AKA Andrea. Sam has called her Princess since he has known her) and Garret.



Sam, Princess, Garret and I




Garret and I trying to climb the tree after having lunch.




Sam, Princess, Garret and I



SATURDAY 13
Today was such a fun day. This morning Bobby, Andrea, Grant, James and I went and played tennis. It was a lot of fun, it brought back a lot of memories of when we played tennis together. After we were done playing tennis we went and played at the park for a while. Bobby even taught us all that if you jump off a swing set right it’s just like falling off a couch. Later that night we went over to the Staggs for a little party.




This is Sam and Princess




I was so happy that Bobby was able to come home this weekend also. It was fun to spend some time with him.

I don't have any pictures but my Dad got my Mom, Kassie and I all flowers for valentines day. It was so nice of him. I'm so grateful to have such wonderful parents.

It was also so nice to have a long weekend and be able to spend time with family and friends. It was hard to say goodbye to such a good friend, but I know she will be a great sister missionary.

No comments: